You’re Too Old Now
I’m caught in an in between of adulthood and adolescents. There are some things I do that are just so naive or show my age, while there are some things I roll up my sleeves and put on my tight girl gal trousers. However, there are some instances that make me question the emotional development of people because let’s face it, high school ended but there are a lot of stragglers that try to subconsciously replicate it.
- Being married to people you aren’t married to. We get it, you’re a single person and your bestie is your soul mate. However, now that gay marriage is legalized and stuff don’t you think it’s a bit tacky considering that you…aren’t? If a guy does it.. I don’t want to be with a dude who puts that much thought into their relationship status on Facebook.
- Smoke tricks. The smoke is all going into one place anyways. Yes, I love smoke I love the effects of it but I don’t give a shit that you can make smoke rings.
- Hookah. Aka the main transmittance of mono back in the day. It was the thing we all did when we were 18 because it was legal and there isn’t much to do. If you have your own that’s cool, but I’d rather spend money on weed or alcohol if I’m going to slowly kill myself.
- Pandering Facebook for parties. Even if you aren’t a big party person, if you need to take to the web for parties you probably weren’t invited to them.
- Pandering Twitter for weed. Proper adults have a good weed dealer by 20.
- Mike’s Hard. I’m so guilty of this. I love Mike’s, but it’s not a party beverage it’s a barbecue on a temperate summer’s eve beverage.
- Uggs. They’re cute on babies, but not on a grown woman.
- Tweet how drunk you are. Unless it’s ridiculously funny. Most of the time it’s not.
- Uploading every photo even the blurry ones. No one is looking through your cleverly named album anyways